Thank you all for your responses.

Grinity, thanks for the link! I just looked and my library has a copy of that book. I'll be checking it out.

Kriston and kimck, I appreciate you sharing your personal experiences. I know our library and local Y have groups for homeschoolers. I don't know much about them, but I'm going to look into them. But other than that, I don't know of any that aren't religiously focused, which wouldn't work for us. I will keep looking.

I already do a lot of social activities with her in addition to school because she craves so much interaction. I became a Brownie leader so she could have a troop, we took sign language classes, she's been in gymnastics, swimming, soccer and chess club, but that's after school, through the school. And we have playdates every week. She also plays the violin and trumpet.

I feel like doing those, plus adding interactions with other homeschoolers and maintaining friendships she's had through school should be enough. But I can't seem to convince my husband. He's afraid that she will be missing out socially because she would be working with me mostly and won't have the benefit of being in a classroom 6+ hours a day, eating lunch with friends, working on projects with friends, that sort of thing.

Kimck, you said your husband was a skeptic. If you don't mind me asking, what were his objections and what has changed his opinion? Kriston, did you encounter any of these concerns from your husband or other family members? And if so, how were you able to persuade them?