My experience with newborn and toddler. I had one of those strollers where the carseat fit into it. And the baby faced you. At 2 months we were out and she got very fussy and I couldn't get her to settle down, when I picked her up, she just looked around. I realized, eventually, she had to look. Now I am away from home with a 2 month old with this stroller. I had to put her on her belly, and then hold her with my hand, since she wasn't strapped in, so she could see where we were going. And I had to drag the stroller.

We were at the Harvard/Yale game a couple of weeks later. You think this is a place of giftedness. I lasted at the game for the photo op with her dad, then headed to the Charles Hotel to breast feed and wait for everyone post game. The bar is full and I went up to get some Perrier, and older women kept coming up to me about my daughter watching everyone in the room. I really didn't understand. Yes, she is watching? They mentioned the intensity of her gaze.

She rolled early, I do not know when, but she used it very early to get to places. I joined a mothers' group. We sat on a carpeted floor. As soon as I sat down and was getting comfortable, DD rolled across the circle to see who was on the other side -- 4 months.

She walked when she turned 11 months. almost to the day. But what I noticed is when she did something she was off to the races. I don't remember early words. But I do know she had 3 word sentences at 20 months and a vocabulary of close to 2000 words. I remember we were sort of keeping track because we were seeing if she was going to have a vocabularly of 200 words by her 2nd birthday, as suggested.

When she read her first word on her own (Dollar in the rental car store), she was 2.5 and sounded out one syllable then the next and put it together. Then she did it infrequently until she got close to 3, then it was spelling and sounding out one and two syllable words pretty regularly.

Her fact file is huge. That is what was most noticeable, her knowledge of different animals, places, words, and most importantly, princesses and their stories...

Ren