I totally feel the same way about DD3, our youngest. I really thought she's going to be my "normal" kid. She was a little speech delayed (especially compared to DS) because she had non-stop ear infections for a while and had ear tubes placed at 18 months. Non-stop talker now - blah blah blah. Went from not writing a lick to all of a sudden being able to copy any letter and writes her name all over many surfaces she shouldn't. She actually has much better small motor skills than DS7. DS7 took about a month into kindergarten to hold a pencil consistently correctly. She's actually much more "academically interested" than DS was at 3. She has a number of sight words and loves early readers and all this stuff I never did with DS. DS learned it, but didn't care or ask to do this kind of stuff. She wants "homework", "workbooks", etc etc etc.

But she is also princess ballerina dancing fairy girl. Oh my. Still getting used to the girl angle! Yesterday she said to me "if it isn't too much trouble, would you get me some juice". She makes me laugh daily. And pull my hair out. Like when she gave herself a haircut right before the holidays. 6+ inches of hair gone in the blink of an eye.