A friend of our has a DD who is doing great on meds. She just sets out an appropriate portion and encourages her DD to eat it. She has lost weight but not to the extreme of my DD, so giving them food and even drinks when you know they need it is a great way to combat the loss of appetite. smile The emotional side effects can and does fade for many kids, although it can take a little while, even a few weeks.

Please don't feel the need to explain your reasoning. I definately think that there are kids that needs meds and would never feel that I could put myself in your shoes. I really wish they could have worked better for my kids, especially my older DD. I am also very grateful that our physician had our DD's working with behavior strategies while on meds, from everything I understand it isn't very common. It's more common that the med is the end of treatment, see me again when you need a refill. Therapy definately made a difference with my younger DD. The doctor has also left it open to possible small runs on meds for my younger DD when she really needs to work on specific behavior, which we may need to consider at some point in her future. Again <<<hugs>>>

Last edited by melmichigan; 02/14/10 04:41 PM.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader