This is similar to the reaction my older DD had, for her it only became worse as we increased the dosage. But again, I caution that every child reacts differently. I imagine the doctor would tell you to stick it out for a few more days. For us it came to a point where my DD had to be physically restrained during her outbreaks. She said the medicine made her calmer overall, aside from the emotional outbursts. The problem was that they didn't really help with her concentration and although she could sit and work longer she actual did worse on achievement tests with the meds. As annoying as it may sound it's like she needs the movement to help her do well.

My younger DD didn't have the outburst and overall did well, she just could/would not eat, no matter what we tried. She was even on Pediasure supplements to no avail. Two different children, two different reactions. It is so individual. <<<hugs>>>

Has your doctor mentioned working with a behavior therapist while on meds to learn new coping behaviors, the ultimate goal being to then be able to take them off the meds and have then better able to function? We worked on behaviors with my younger DD while she was on meds and she is actually doing pretty well off meds.

Last edited by melmichigan; 02/14/10 11:34 AM.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader