Yes, as a matter of fact I do. I like how you think! smile

However, I try to use the gym for my workouts. In fact, my resolution for this year is to get back to exercising faithfully like I did before I injured my neck this past summer. To tell you the whole truth, I suspect a significant part of my problem is that I'm feeling fat and lazy since I couldn't exercise at all and I gained back a bunch of the weight I had lost last year. frown My head doesn't feel as clear, I experience insomnia and weird sleep patterns (it's nearly 3 a.m. as I type this...), and I feel sluggish all the time. I think I have a little bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder. Exercise does a lot to take care of all those things.

For a number of reasons, the 2 hours of babysitting at the gym doesn't work well for writing time, I'm afraid. I've tried. But it *IS* key to my sanity to get over there to exercise. And that *DOES* count as alone time for me, so if I get back to the gym more often, I could use my time at home for more than mental health.

With all that said...Incog, I really hope this thread isn't turning you off of home schooling! That would make me sad because it is a very workable option. I suspect that for any NORMAL person, the amount of alone time I get would be more than enough. It's just my own quirk.

Plus most people aren't goofy enough to try to write a novel while home schooling with kids as young as mine. Just me! Take the book out of the equation, and I'm sure I'm no more overburdened than any other mom!

Kriston