Lori-

If your son has four good friends, that's a great start! Are they all in brick and mortar schools and unavailable during the day? Maybe you can arrange a regular weekly playdate that runs from 4-7 or something, and includes dinner? My son used to see a schooled pal every Friday afternoon from 4-6. They both appreciated the predictability of it, and their friendship lasted for years after they stopped playing on the same sports team, which is where they met.

I wonder if there are other groups in your area, or if you could travel a bit to find a better fit? Some of my friends drive 20-30 minutes to do things with my group, though there are others a bit closer to their homes. It's worth the extra time if you find people who are more accepting.

Hmm, it is interesting to me that you have so many young moms there. We have some, of course, but the majority of us are in our 30's and 40's. I have good friends who range in age from 30 to about 50. The difference doesn't seem to matter.

I am sorry that you haven't found a good match yet, but don't give up hope. Chances are good that someone else is saying that they don't feel like they belong in that group either...