I appreciate your interest as "an intrigued third party"!! :-) He has taken the TerraNova test and that is it. They take them every spring so he'll take them again about April. The supervisor I talked to was hopeful the results would be wonderful this time (I'm not convinced they will be) so that that would start the ball rolling again. But we'll see!

He does know too much about the whole thing. The problem is that about 1/4 of his class is in this program and just about all of his good friends are and he wants to be in there too. He understands what it is all about because he has asked and asked and he won't be put off by little answers! LOL!!! This is the kid that at 4 told me "I know you're my mom because I grew inside of you, but how do I know my daddy is my daddy?" and I started off with small answers but he would not be put off until I had explained the whole thing! :-) He will not be put off when he wants to know something and I try to be as honest as I can be with my kids, so I have answered his questions, for better or worse. He might be freaked out if we tried again, and that is another reason I'm not sure that it is worth it. I just don't know. Sometimes it's so hard to know what is the right thing to do!