Ah, so she still had to "meet the scores". I have a feeling my son wouldn't be able to do that at this time based on his visual perception problems. He has had achievement testing done and he needed 3 out of 4 above 90% and he had 2 above and 1 at 88% and 1 at 78% (math - where he struggles most), so he didn't meet that either. But they aren't low enough to show up as something being seriously wrong. His ability to adapt has been amazing to me. I just worry for the future as things get harder. But hopefully his therapy will help alot.

Anyway, I am thinking of e-mailing the supervisor of the gifted program and just see what is done for 2e kids here. I have a feeling the answer will be nothing, but at least I will have asked. It is amazing to me that gifted kids have to fit in a "box" in order to have their "out of the box"ness celebrated. 2e's aren't going to fit in the box most of the time. So are they undeserving of having their uniquness recognized and nurtured also? I don't get it at all.

It will be interesting to see what the reply will be. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit. We'll see!!!! :-)