Good to hear that someone was using their listening ears! I have a 2E son age 8. It has taken me 4 years to finally get to the point that his school will consider Gifted and Learning disabled as a combined difficulty. The biggest issue we have is that his processing and organization scores are significantly lower than his Verbal and Non Verbal scores. However, they are not the required 2 standard deviations below normal that would qualify him for services. But they are low enough that they hold him back in his other scores and on his Full scale IQ so that he doesn't meet the magic 130.
Oddly enough getting a possible ADHD and possible Bi-Polar DX label did get him services and they are working on the processing and organization under a designation of Other Health Impairment.
I think my point is don't give up and sometimes a back door approach works.
After observing him, the school is convinced that he is most likely in the PG range of gifted and is working on figuring out what to change to provide a challenging education while still meeting his social/emotional needs. That meeting is set for later this month...