Originally Posted by Kriston
[quote=Mamabear]And don't get me started on the conversations I've had with a new friend who can't get over the fact that there's NO money or special public school setting for my son, when her developmentally disabled son the same age is getting a free, specialized education at a school just for him. "That makes no sense," she keeps saying. "If they can serve my son, why can't they serve yours?"

So while things aren't ideal for developmentally disabled kids, they're a whole lot better than what I see for GT kids. After all, if I'm aspiring to the services granted to developmentally disabled kids, then that says something about how bad it is, right? frown

I agree. We got a letter from the school last week saying that if we believe one of our kids has a disability, the school system will have to test him and provide services if the tests are positive. There is SO much for kids with disabilities, and next to nothing for bright ones. That's wrong. Just because kids are bright doesn't mean that they don't need help too. Yet instead, they get the opposite in many cases.

Val