You know, one, I'm not sure how helpful this will be to you in the decision-making process. I say that because any given school can work for *some* GT child somewhere, depending upon personality and the specifics of teacher and child. But what works spectacularly for one child is going to be intellectual and social death for another.

Not to mention the fact that school philosophies are not always translated into practice consistently from building to building, so even if we all agreed that X philosophy is ideal, it might not play out that way in the actual school your child would attend.

I suspect you'd have better luck if you take a close look at the schools in your area instead of looking for generalizations here. This forum is great for giving you ideas about questions to ask and things to look for as you go. But since there's no specifically wrong school for GT kids, nor any "best" school for them, any info you get here is more conversation than practical help, I'm afraid.

I don't mean to sound negative, and I always love to hear about what others are doing for their kids. But I don't think it will/should really have much affect on your specific school decisions.

smile

Kriston