Originally Posted by EandCmom
The only problem I see with this, and Kriston, correct me if I am wrong, is that you are talking about more for HG kids, right??? Haven't you said before you feel the MG population is being served well enough? (not perfect, but well enough)

Well, I will correct you: no, I am talking about more for ALL GT kids, perhaps even more for those kids above average but below GT, since often I think they often get the shaft worse than even the HG+ kids and could be quite well-served by many of the same sorts of helps that HG+ kids could use.

I think MG kids are generally better served right now than HG+ kids (or not-quite GT kids, for that matter), but even that service is hit or miss. Is an hour a week of fluffy fun in a GT pullout enough for an MG kid? I'd say no. And that sort of thing is all too common in schools today.

So yes, I think we have virtually the EXACT same situation that developmentally disabled families--or even the civil rights movement--were facing back in the day. I'm looking at a minority population whose needs are not being met, but it's a sizeable minority. If we put our voices together, we'd make a LOT of noise.

Kriston