My mother was born in a Japanese internment camp which which is about as far from a comfortable high SES home environment as it gets and still went on to be valedictorian at her high school and get an undergraduate degree (at the top of her class) in Mathematics in 1961. There are numerous stories of Concentration Camp survivors including those born into camps who went on to over achieve.
Yes, there are many anecdotes of survival and overcoming great adversity. That said, the article linked did not refer to "comfortable high SES home environment" but rather to a research study of sound pattern recognition.

Neither Japanese internment camps nor Nazi concentration camps were environments in which a fetus would have heard an abundance of nurturing sounds of that I am certain.
The concept of nurture as described in the article did not equate "nurture" with "nourishing" but rather with environment as distinct from genetic material (frequently called "nature versus nurture"). A consideration of "nurturing sounds" as positive, nourishing sounds is possibly a separate point unrelated to the study.

I do not buy into the 'nurture' begins in the womb myth and believe it to be complete and utter poppycock.
Anecdotes and research studies co-exist and may sometimes point in the same direction. Both can provide important insight.