I was identified as gifted in third grade. After experiencing my now 18 year old son, who has dyslexia, I'm pretty sure that I have it as well, though not as severely as he does.

My husband entered school a year early, not necessarily because he was considered gifted, but because he was the third child and his mother was...tired. He went on to get a PhD in chemistry at a top ranked university, so I'm assuming he is gifted.

My father is profoundly gifted. He went to a tippy top ranked science and engineering school for both his BS and his PhD and was a professor at a top ranked institution for his entire career. He is known for his creative solutions to physical problems and his ability in applied mathematics.

My mother was a top student in school and she got the highest score you can get on the Miller Analogies Test, which I assume means something.

My grandfather on my mother's side was, according to family lore, a math and music prodigy. He was given a full scholarship to a prestigious school and skipped three grades. He had to drop out of school at age 13 or so when his father died.

My husband's father was a very successful electrical engineer and later an even more successful businessman. He was very obviously gifted, though I don't know if he was ever identified as gifted in school.

My husband's mother was identified as gifted in school. Both of her brothers are/were very successful in their careers (physician and professor).

I have one 2E kid who tests as HGish and another kid who tests as HG+. I see bits of myself in both of them.