I found my old IEPs last year and saw I had been tested 3 times with the WISC over a period of 10 years and the scores showed my numbers increasing each time. I know I must be at a minimum MG (which is where my last scores put me) considering what I accomplished despite the significant 4 years delay in language acquistion due to late diagnosis of my disability and the one writeup attached to one of the IEPs showed the person who administered my testing felt that my true potential and abilities were not reflected in the testing.

Neither of my parents are native English speakers and my mother did graduate work at a high level US university and became a computer programmer while my father holds two law degrees - one from a prominent law school and one from his native country so he practiced law in both countries. However he was definitely what they called a late bloomer. My mother from the start was 2 years younger than the rest of her classmates and still excelled academically (socially was a different story).

DH's parents were not tested but both had PhDs in hard sciences and although he was not tested, he had a sibling tested as HG+ at the least.

DS's WPPSI scores shocked us especially with ceiling the verbal section and placing him into a gifted environment where even though he is the youngest in his room, he is thriving has validated what his tester told us. DD is still young although her daycare teachers have pointed out how advanced her verbal skills and awareness of her world she is.