Originally Posted by 22B
What do you think is the teachers' perspective here?

I don't need to guess; they've been very clear about their perspective. I think they're under the impression because my son doesn't have an appropriate filter that it is ok to not have one when addressing me. Some things they've said this year:

He can be a little #$%^.

He's obnoxious and conceited.

His goal is to humiliate me in front of the other kids and make them laugh at me.

He is undermining my efforts to help him.

He is a braggart.

He has these grandiose ideas that he's special.

He is always bragging about having his own (using air quotes) company and that all these people want to be a part of it, and I know it's a bunch of bull@#%$.

He is delusional. He thinks your company is his company and keeps saying he has this software company when I know he doesn't.

He said he doesn't think he's going to college, so why should I even bother helping him? He thinks he's too special for help.

Why can't you just homeschool him? He's a problem in my class, and he isn't learning anything anyway.

Have you thought about an alternative school? He doesn't fit here.

Have you thought about homeschooling him? You might understand what we're going through if it was you.

I like you son, but he's ...

He's a great kid, but he's

I feel sorry for him. He means well, but I am sick of him doing ....

So I don't really need to guess. I sympathize with the challenges, and I do think some of his teachers this year did a fairly good job of holding him accountable without thinking he could be "fixed". But this was the worst year ever when it came to appropriate accommodations, placement, or teachers who didn't resent that he was in gifted and still got his accommodations. That was the thing that was the worst - somehow thinking that a child shouldn't be allowed to be in a gifted classroom with appropriate content until they'd "gotten over" their learning disabilities which required acommodations.