Lisa - I had hoped that your absence lately had meant that all was going well, so I am so sorry to hear that it's been such a rough year. I appreciate so much that you wrote out your frustrations and that you've shared them with us.

Like ConnectingDots, I would also consider waiting a bit before deciding to send it. There are parts I wouldn't send at all, other parts that I might send with a little bit of reworking to take out pieces I wasn't comfortable sending. I'd make more specific suggestions but don't have time right now.

It sounds to me like there is a total disconnect at the school in terms of helping your ds develop the skills he needs to become independent in high school and later on, and that's sad (to me). We've had large gaps in teacher's understanding our ds' challenges with organizational skills, but it was handled much differently - rather than relying on the parent to be the cog in the wheel that is holding everything together the goal on the part of the school was *removing* the dependence on the parent - some things worked, others didn't - but I think that long-term that was the way to handle things. I was still very involved in supporting ds - but at home, not in weekly homework etc communications.

Is this your ds' last year of middle school? For some reason I thought he was already in high school.

I hope things get better for you both -

Best wishes,

polarbear