And now it is confirmed that my rational side was in control when I posted here asking advice. I won't share it with them at all, as it won't help anything get better and won't make me feel better - although writing it was quite cathartic.

I've missed you all and the support I found here.

It's been a tough year. It started out quite well - iPad in place as an accommodation and 3/4 time in gifted with only math, science and band in regular ed.

What I didn't expect is the entitled attitude from his gifted teachers. We are in a very high performing school, and somehow the teachers have gained an arrogance about being gifted teachers and have a philosophy that if you can't keep up with the workload, you don't deserve to be in gifted. They resent that they're forced to have a child in their otherwise speedy class that has severe enough learning disabilities that he requires time and attention. They all complain that they don't have time to deal with him and make unique project assignments, etc, to accommodate and that he should be moved back into regular ed (as if those teachers with 30+ kids have any more time than they do with 12-15 kids).

This resentment - and my effort to push back to keep out of the cog that was responsible for everything - made them even more resentful.

Add to that a child with no filter, and, well, it's been a powder keg of a year. He actually told his math teacher he wasn't doing homework until he was given relevant homework instead of the same work he'd been doing since 6th grade. You can imagine the love that created.

Somehow what is good for a laugh track and a boatload of money on Big Bang Theory is not in the tiniest bit funny in real life.

Ok. Done venting.