I can totally see that story happening at DD's school, because the gossip is out of control. It can happen so easily if a teacher gossips about an odd behavior, the other person says "sounds like the kid is sexually abused" without even knowing the child or seeing the behavior, the first person says "hmmmm, that's probably it, what else could it be" because they don't understand disabilities, and pretty soon it spins out of control. Plus people in the elementary level just don't seem particularly bright, they are just average (in general, I'm not saying that there aren't bright, reasonable elem. teachers out there). Reg. ed teachers don't have training on disabilities but they have training on mandated reporting. All of those things combine and pretty soon a simple behavior (rocking due to anxiety) becomes sexual abuse and no one listens to a single thing the parents have to say.

Anyway, I'm keeping my eye on this thread because I'm wondering if some of it applies to DD. She has slow processing speed on the WISC and her OT yesterday said she was trying to figure out this processing speed issue because it's not obvious to her, and she played games with DD. DD was amazing with some sort of 3D puzzle and did it really fast. Then she played an alphabet game with her where she started at Z and went backwards. DD was supposed to name animals that start with each letter. DD only named something like 14 in 4 minutes which is abysmal. Her reading fluency is really high but she's not fast or fluent in other areas, so I'm trying to figure out what it all means.