Originally Posted by Irena
I have posted this article on here before but it's germane to this thread. Here is another story of child-fine gone wrong, very wrong:

http://aeon.co/magazine/living-together/how-apraxia-got-my-son-suspended-from-school/

I have personally talked with these people. I am facebook friends with the mom in this story. It is a true story. They are in a school district close to me that is a very wealthy district and suppose to be an excellent district.
This story is harrowing. As a parent of a child who has had school anxiety, in 6th grade I can completely believe this. I was called to school once because my son started behaving inappropriately in class and the principal and an aide has my son CORNERED. And the rest of the class was excused to recess early because my son was supposed to be dangerous. And they hoped that when I got to school, I could get him to talk. It's easy to see how easy it would be for a school to misinterpret this kind of behavior.

My hugs and sympathy go out this family. The freakiest part of me, is it's looks quite possible this happened at the elementary school I attended for a few years to as a kid.

Last edited by bluemagic; 05/15/14 10:27 PM.