I'm sorry but that teacher has no right at ALL to publicly humiliate your son like that! I am seething on his behalf!!

This sounds exactly like the issues we had here with DRA when Aiden was in pre school. frown

Is there anyway that you can just ignore the DRA stuff and send his own books with him to read anyway? IOW instead of fighting for every step, just go around the obstacle - surely when they see his choice of reading material they will start to understand or at least question.

In terms of the money worksheet - if this is happening now, you should assume its happening for most, if not all of the other in-class work. Again, perhaps asking him to just do it quickly and then send something he will be happy to work on that he can pull out of his bag and carry on with.

It's not ideal - the purpose of EDUCATIONAL institutions is surely to educate your child, and that should mean that he is learning something new and growing at a decent, regular rate in knowledge acquisition, understanding, comprehension and application of knowledge across the board.

I really hope you come right one way or the other.

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)