I am thinking of sending this email:

Teacher, I have talked this over with DH and the more we think about this the more concerned DH and I become. Our son should show at least one full year of growth, this most recent DRA score not only shows that stopped growing mid-year (stagnating); but, in fact, is now declining based on his percentile rank. We are wondering what went wrong in reading class that he hasn't learned or made adequate progress since January? While DS may still be ahead of his peers, he has actually started to regress and that is troubling. We are very concerned that this may be because he was never taught at his instructional all year as he was the only one in your class at his DRA level so he was in a reading group that was instructing at least one level, if not two levels, below him. Perhaps he is not growing because he is not being taught at his “just right instructional level?” We are thinking, if this is the case, he needs some remediation as soon as possible because if DS’s percentile continues to fall, he will continue to regress. With summer recess coming up I am afraid he will regress even more. Please let me know when we can have a parent-teacher conference regarding this issue. We do not think it would be prudent to wait too long before starting some remediation as there isn't much time left in the school year.

Thanks,