And more trouble! I picked up DS from school and they are doing money for math, which DS learned, I don't know - last summer maybe? I seem to remember them doing some money in 1st grade too... Anyway, he raised his hand and asked for a harder worksheet b/c this one was too easy for him and the teacher responded by asking the entire class to each raise their hand if they though what DS asked for was just him "bragging." And so everyone raised their hand. And DS learned nothing all week in math except that when he asks to be challenged he will get made fun of. Nice, huh? I am really losing my patience with this teacher.

Also, in regards to the DRA thing, teacher told DS that his summary for the DRA was excellent and something else was excellent but he got one literal comprehension question wrong (well, half wrong as the question was "what two things did a character lose ?"and DS only said one thing) and the "what do you think the most important point of the story" question wrong. I am wondering if that is enough to fail? It looks like his "most important" question was almost right to me... Apparently there is an "independent descriptor" and an "advance descriptor answer" - his answer matched the independent descriptor answer but was lacking, I think, for the advanced descriptor. I am not sure what the difference between the "independent descriptor" and an "advance descriptor" is - what that means in terms of moving levels. Anyone know?