Ugh, Ktpie. Sorry that is happening!

Geofizz, thanks for your insight. My fear is that they do not like that he moves up as quickly as he does- If ends the year on 38 - he'll be in 40 by October of next which is beginning of 4th grade level and level black in 100 book challenge and I just don't think they want that. I think they are stalling. They tried to stall in January. The want him in the 30's for at least some of third grade - that is my feeling though I am not sure of the "why" behind their strategy. I just get that distinct feeling. I think they are just dragging every chance they get, in order for him to at least "look" not too far above the others in his class. I don't know, that is just my suspicion. As it feels like he never moves ahead without my being proactive and asking for him to be tested, etc. We already had trouble towards the end of this year with him being bored and too far ahead the others in his reading group... HE started getting in trouble for calling out answers telling kids what the word was that they couldn't read, etc.

Last edited by Irena; 05/14/14 10:27 PM.