Hi all, not a new problem here but could use some of your help! DS is well above grade level in reading and has been all year - several tests support this. The school, however, always seems quite reluctant to move him up. So, for example, he was on their third grade level back in January (level 34) in instruction. They warned most third graders stay at that level all year and basically "be happy." However, he was just tested again a week ago and he is allegedly still at level 34. Allegedly he didn't pass the test to move to 38. Personally I don't think they want him starting third grade in the fall already at the 4th grade level. I also find it very hard to believe he didn't make progress. So I am asking for a conference on the issue. I told them I want to see the test, his answers and what he got wrong. Any advice and tips? Does anyone know what is required to pass the DRA ? My suspicion is they will just tell me he didn't pass when he really did because they don't want him that far ahead. Any help on what to say, look for and ask would be very appreciated!

Last edited by Irena; 05/15/14 07:42 AM.