Sorry for the lack of clarity. I don't mean that all your assumptions are incorrect. My point was that the situation has changed in the U.S. Euclidean geometry is now incorporated far earlier in many U.S. math curriculum than it was decades ago (when I attended). My oldest DS is 18 and I remembered being shocked that I had to purchase a compass/protractor for him in 4th grade (GT math so covered 5th grade topics). Furthermore, the same spiraling occurs for geometry topics as for arithmetic topics in elementary school. For example, they were calculating volume and translating and rotating objects in 3rd grade GT math (4th grade topics).

I think it is possible that my district might be a bit more vigorous than the average district but the spiraling mindset is the same. If you look at the ALEKS math courses, which I assume is fairly representative of U.S. curriculum, their 6th grade (one year before pre-algebra) topics include creating angle bisectors with a virtual compass.

I assume your junior high refers to 7th and 8th grade whereas our middle school include 6th grade as well as 7th and 8th. Most students in our district would take pre-algebra either in 6th grade (GT) or 7th grade (regular). Pre-algebra has quite a bit of geometry topics presented at a higher level than back in elementary school.

Now you did mention doing proofs up to the 4th postulate in junior high. That would be in line with GT geometry for 8th grade GT students. However, that would be beyond the regular math students who would not be required to produce proofs until they take geometry in 9th grade. Furthermore, the regular students start by filling in missing steps in the proofs before having to produce one from scratch. I also agree with a number of posters who mentioned that producing proofs aren't as big a part of geometry courses compared to several decades ago.