Wow - Master of None - you hit it on the head! Yes, very intense child. Does love to learn and loves to go really deep, but, if it is something she isn't that interested in, then, she gets the "I don't care" attitude. I saw this in homeschool, and the public school saw it too. We have been trying to teach her that even as adults we sometimes have to do things we don't love, but we just do it. I have been learning so much about her this last year. I just want her to flourish and reach her potential, and alas, we have finally come to the conclusion, it isn't going to happen in public school, dang. The psych that did her eval a year ago, told us this, now we see it. I am hoping the new private school, that does allow kids to go really deep, and meet each child at their level (1:9 ratio), goes better, but we will see. I love the contract idea, that is going to get drafted tonight. How did you best learn to help your child? Was it through trial and error, through books giving you advice and the aha moment?