Whew! Thanks everyone for all the wonderful advice. Sorry I haven't posted earlier, the daughter I am talking about just finished a long theater run. Well, tonight she is already crying, again, about going to school. Yes, she was certainly bullied. Yes, we were mad the school just called it a conflict. Yes, she is a really social kid, very outgoing, very extroverted. I was 100% into homeschooling. She was begging me to go back to school (I homeschooled her for second grade and most of third). She loved it at first, loved the friends that she could see every minute of every day. But, that got old, fast. She keeps begging me, saying how much she hates it. The problem is, towards the end of the second year of homeschooling, she only wanted to do what she wanted to do. I was pulling my hair out. It seemed like it was almost a wasted year.
Okay, I need to spend the next few days listening to her feelings, I am nervous, if I pull her, will she just go back to her old ways, or miss school and friends and want back in school within a few weeks. She is certainly our "intense" child. This intensity is such a blessing in some ways, and a curse in others. Right now, I can see she is going to go through her "post-show depression". She is already so good at acting because she pours all that she has into it, plus she memorizes everything so fast. Ugh. Lots of thinking to do.
Thanks all. I will go back and try and answer more specifically later - we are tired from her show.