...her new school. I homeschooled her for the last 2 years, for second and third grade. She was really missing the hullabaloo of the kids at school. We had her tested by a psych in third grade, said her abstract reasoning was at a post-college grad level. (Not sure how this fits into school yet).
She is really strong in reading. Her MAPS testing was greater than 99% for reading. Actually, although she is in fourth grade, her score was at the 99% for a senior.
So, here is the problem. She hates school. She started off the year being bullied by some kids (but the school called it a conflict, not bullying). She is bored. She acts like the class clown. She doesn't feel like she fits in. She is huge into theatre. She was one of 800 kids to get the lead role in a large city Christmas play (she has done over 30 shows this December alone).
Okay, I am not writing all this to brag. As many of you know, gifted isn't always a gift. We are new to this, and just not sure what to do. The school laughed when we mentioned her being gifted (even with her high MAPS testing). The said they don't have a G&T program, even though there website says it does, and other elementary schools in the district do. We think, our daughter represents the "flip side" of giftedness. Messy homework, bored, acts out, etc.
So, what would you do/recommend? She hates it, but it seems no other options exist, except a private school that is over $15,000/year. I feel like we are torturing her, but I have nothing left to give as far as homeschooling her. She really burnt me out. Any thought would be great. Thanks.