Thank you, polarbear - great perspective. I have no reason to believe that DD will not do well on this test. One test result should not change my perception of DD's abilities. The results (if surprisingly low) could make the advocacy at school much more difficult, though.

DD's teacher sounded VERY supportive of doing whatever she could to get DD into the program (and she offered to do this on her own).

I cannot comment on what types of kids make it in - I do not know the older children in the program well-enough to make that judgment. I do know that it sounds more similar to the type of instruction DD had in 1st and 2nd grade (not a formal gifted program, but actually sounds very similar in practice), which led to nice growth/progress (if you put any value on test scores). It sounds like if they do not make it in, DD is stuck in her general education classroom, while the teacher tries to teach many different levels of readers (her job does NOT sound easy). I feel for the teacher, but my concern has to be my DD. My focus is definitely on getting DD the instruction she needs.

Thanks, again!

Last edited by Loy58; 12/29/13 08:06 AM. Reason: privacy