For what it is worth, I have to take DD to the testing. Therefore, I will probably need to say something to her about what she is doing (and DD will probably ask why).

I have no intention of being with DD during the testing. I can certainly understand the concern with younger children being with a stranger, but DD is extremely independent, and does not need me there. I already plan to bring a book and find a free quiet space to wait for her.

From reading the Yemish article, concerns that I have are: DD getting off-topic, DD getting silly, DD not focusing on what is being asked. Since this is outside of DD's normal school setting, she is more likely to view it as "playtime," as in her time to do what she feels like doing (instead of what the examiner asks). At home, DD has the tendency to be very strong-willed and self-directed. At school, she usually seems to understand that she needs to do what is being asked. I guess this is why I wish to "tell" her something, without making her anxious.

The children at school already talk about the "testing," going on, so they are somewhat aware of what is going on. DD has been specifically asked in the recent "what are you doing?" by other kids when she has been pulled out of class for testing (DD said she just shrugs).

Also, DD has started complaining quite a bit this year about being bored at school. I am very concerned about this. I do think that more challenging programming might help.

I am just hoping to have DD be at ease, be herself (hopefully, cooperative self), and do her best.