Originally Posted by blackcat
... The psych who tested him when he was 3 didn't even write in the report how silly he was, or how he refused to answer questions after a while... When we ended the test with DS she told me to bring him back and she'd try again.
Some might say that offering to test another day sounds like a solid plan?
Originally Posted by blackcat
I thought about it and decided DS would likely act the same way. So I called her up and said that unless she has serious concerns about his intellectual functioning, I think testing should be discontinued. She then said that she scored his test (even though he never finished it!) and said that he was clearly fine. She actually wrote up the scores in an official report and mailed the report to me. i was shocked when I got it because he never finished the test.
With a child scoring 106 without completing the test, the tester did not have serious concerns about his intellectual functioning, therefore it seems to have met the requirements you stated at the time? While hindsight may be 20/20, it may not be fair to blame the tester who seems to have followed your wishes at the time?