Originally Posted by blackcat
If I remember right, she wasn't too happy about it, but I was very worried about whether DS would even cooperate.
It has been my understanding that professional ethics dictate that others (including parents/guardians) may not be present for a test administration... even very worried ones?
Turned out he wasn't particularly cooperative...
Keeping with the theme of this thread, what did you tell him before testing?
... so I'm glad I watched so I could see what was really going on and the fact that he was giving fake answers on purpose or refusing to answer!
It's hard to know whether a parent taking command of the situation had an impact on the child's performance?
She did not try to build rapport with him at all, she marched him into the testing room, sat him down and immediately started the test. Terrible!
It's hard to know whether a parent taking command of the situation had an impact on the tester's administration, including beginning the test immediately without small talk?
It was at a Children's Hospital and we were testing him due to delays (which we now know are due to DCD). So she probably didn't view me as someone who would try to cheat the system to get DS into a gifted program.
It has been my understanding that professional ethics dictate that others (including parents/guardians) may not be present for a test administration... that testers are not asked to make a subjective view of an individual parent's propensity to cheat the system?