Originally Posted by indigo
Since you mention that you did not choose the tester, is the testing arranged by a gifted coordinator, principal, etc, someone you might have already met and have a working relationship with? Is this someone from whom you might learn the tester's name?

Testing is set up by the school, so they select the tester. DD's school starts in 3rd grade, so the school and all of it's personnel are very new to us. They do not like "parent volunteers" in this school, so I have not had the chance to get to know the staff like I did in DC's original school (where parent volunteers are more welcome).

Yes, I did try to check the name of the tester to get an idea of the tester's background, but there is little data available, other than that this person works for the schools.

I guess the only concern I have with offering articles to them unsolicited, is it will not be well-received. I am assuming that they are doing things the way they are to at least attempt to remove subjectivity - if I contact them, will they feel that I am perhaps trying to influence the process? I do not want to do that at all! I really have no reason to believe that the school and the tester do not have the best intentions. All of the children being tested have made it through the "gauntlet" wink so far, so they have at least achieved minimum scores. I am just a bit concerned about how this testing DOES actually sound like it can produce such different scores in the same child. That worries me.