Hi Cathy,

I have heard great things about Nueva. I would apply and see what happens. The schools do have financial aid available and a lot of times the admissions office is not involved in awarding financial aid.

Ultimately the decision to accept or not accept a child is not always based on whether their parents can pay full tuition or not. Also, I am not sure if your child is a DYS, but they do offer financial aid for gifted school tuition.

One more clarification. Mirman is a non-for profit independent school. This means that all the money that comes in in the form of tuition, fundraising, gifts, etc, must be spent back on the students. They obviously have to be financially responsible and since they do not receive state or federal funding they have to have parents that can afford that tuition. A lot of those parents are also very generous and give in addition to the tuition they pay. I am grateful for these parents as my dd benefits from such gifts. Mirman has an IQ requirement, so any child that goes there is HG.

I am sad that not all HG children can attend the school, but as I mentioned earlier, they only have 30 spots for room one. That is an unfortunate reality but it does not take away from all the good things they are doing for the kids they do accept.