One of the reasons I like to post the great things my dd's school offers is that I think perhaps someone can start something great like this somewhere else.

Please, this is a somewhat crass oversimplification. I think you're great Bianca, I love your posts. Could you see how this could be insulting to some here, though?

It is true that some of the families there are very wealthy, but not all. For a good portion of us it is a sacrifice of both time and money.

Point taken. Please know that your child's exceptional school is still out of reach for some very deserving children. And we all make sacrifices for our children.

However, what makes this school truly extraordinary is the fact that HG children learn side by side. This is something any school could easily implement

Now this is somewhat magical thinking and I don't think it's a very well thought out statement. This is insulting as it implies that all of us that do not have access to your situation could easily create such a wonderful environment for our children, we just must not be capable enough.
I'm personally offended as I've worked particularly hard to advocate for HG kids at school. It's not as easy as you might think.

Peace,
Neato