First of all, since I've been on this board I haven't experienced Bianca to be bragging about her good fortune in school placement in a malicious way. On the contrary, it's good to know there are schools in current operation that can accomodate HG+ kids.

Additionally, I don't think calizepher is at all in danger of being banned from this site for expressing frustration at the inequity of these very rare programs.
After all, that's what this site is for.

Getting together and expressing support for both situations.

I do want to hear about schools like Bianca's because it gives me ideas about what could work. On the other hand, yes, it can be incredibly frustrating to be sitting here knowing my child could benefit from such a situation, yet never have access to it.

We are in a school district like Kim's and Dazey's. The curriculum is written by the internal administrators and it's great! It probably is a year ahead like they say. And they have very thought out and established gifted programs. Unfortunately, in the K-3 years, it's not even close to being challenging enough for HG kids. I really don't know yet if the higher grades will be, we'll have to see. There's no flexibility for grade skippping and alternative approaches because they sincerely believe they have all the bases covered.

Yes, you can advocate for changes and I have here and have been relatively successful. But in a district that has really established and succesful gifted programming, it's really difficult and has been somewhat draining. And it comes at a personal cost as there are parents who think you are a real a$$.

Peace,
Neato