Hello Calizapher,

I am sorry my post bothered you. I wished schools like the one my dd attends would be available for every child, gifted or not. It is a great school, and yes it is an expensive school. Had my dd been a ND child I wouln't have even considered a private school. However, a good percentage of the families there receive some financial aid. The Davidson institute also provides financial help for tuition for schools like this one.

It is true that some of the families there are very wealthy, but not all. For a good portion of us it is a sacrifice of both time and money.

We also have the long drive. We have to drive close to an hour each way every day to get there (by the way, about 80% of the children attending this school have a long commute).

I been kidding Dottie that she could start a school like this where she is. This school started with nine students in the school's founders home. One of the reasons I like to post the great things my dd's school offers is that I think perhaps someone can start something great like this somewhere else.

The incredible resources are great, the great teachers a big bonus. However, what makes this school truly extraordinary is the fact that HG children learn side by side. This is something any school could easily implement.

Anyway, i promised to be quiet for the rest of the school year, so I am zipping my lips.