Not to speak for 'Neato, but since I know she's not here, I'll give a place-filler answer...

'Neato's kids just missed the DYS cut-off when they were tested, and she hasn't retested them. If she wanted to start a charter school--and I don't think she does--I'm not sure DYS would be in a position to help her right now.

'Neato has worked her tail off to get her DDs' school to give her kids what they need. It was a really, really challenging and frustrating year for her. That's why this thread was so hard on her, I think. Nothing was easy. Everything she got accomplished required lots of hard work. And it may still not be enough for her DDs. She's feeling pretty beaten up, I think. I really feel for her!

Even so, with all the trouble she had this year and all the pushing she had to do, I'm pretty sure that trying to start a charter school is not in her future. It's just not where she's likely to direct her efforts. Getting an education for her own kids has been hard enough!

Feel free to correct me if I'm misspeaking, 'Neato. I don't mean to speak out of turn. I just didn't want this to become the "How 'Neato can start a charter school" thread. I know you don't need that! You're doing enough as it is without that pressure!

Kriston