Dear Calizephyr

I think I understand your concerns about the school, and far be it for me to disagree. I do not pretend to know much about the school. Our DS5 will be starting there in September, We saw nothing like what you said. (Please excuse my gammer and spelling, the apple fell a long way from this tree.) I don't fully know all that goes into the admission of students into a private school. I do know they have very limitted slots avaiable, and more then 4 times the qualified (IQ Scores) applicants to choose from. I can assure you we were not chossen because of our income (I only wish that was the case.) I felt, and it is only an my opinon that they look for a good fit. Last year we applyed when our DS5 was 4. We where not accepted, this year it seems to be a better fit. My DW and I had a hard time making the choice to go with this school. It's a long drive 45min to 1 hour each way. It will be financially difficult, and it will create issues at home. My DW is taking a part time job near the scool at a public shool as an assistant teacher just to be nearby, and to keep it to one trip there and back. It may also help cover the gas. Our DS15 will need to adjust also. I digress. The schools seems to be a great fit for us. I do not think it fits all, and I am very sorry to hear that many very well qualified children cannot attend. I find it terrible that m ost public schools do not have programs that create a peer group for the HG+ crowd. We looked into many schools public, private, homeschool, it's a very difficult choice. I have spoken with our school superentent, board members, gate coordinators, even our state assemblyman. It's a big issue. Everyone wants the best for there children. BTW we are not DYS, don't know if our DS5 qualifies. I fully understand Biancas joy at finding a fit for her DD, I hope our experance is the same for our DS5. All each of us can do is our best. I hope I am not comming across challanging, I am new to the board, new to the school, and am looking forward to participating in discussions in the future. For us its been a brand new world. I cannot reply to any posts untill Monday, I am off camping with the boy scouts.

Last edited by Edwin; 05/30/08 03:10 PM.