Oh thank you so much!!

Polly, YES! Let's stay in touch. I should type up the list I already have of recommended accommodations from our OT and Neuro Optometrist.

I need those terms like "Adaptive PE"... My son last night was telling me they do criss-cross jumping jacks in PE and he can (of course) not do it and that he feels so dumb when they keep telling him his skip is a gallop. frown He had consistent "below grade level" marks on all the PE skills on last year's report card.

Originally Posted by polarbear
Anxiety/etc
I hope your ds will experience what our ds experienced - our ds was significantly anxious the year he was initially suspected of having ADHD, anxiety so bad he was having panic attacks and was scared to go upstairs to his room at school or into his own bed at home. The good news is - our ds' anxiety disappeared almost overnight once he had accommodations and remediation for his other challenges.

Oh my!! This is a picture of my life right now... and with my husband moved out it can be truly overwhelming. It's one of the reasons I won't homeschool. I need the break. I would be over the moon to go back to him sleeping in his own bed and being able to go in to a different room. A year ago there was no anxiety and then school just about did him in. It gives me a lot of hope to hear that. Thanks for sharing so much of your experience and wisdom as you always do. You are truly an invaluable resource here on this board and I am so blessed to have your input.

BTW I did email my NeuroPsych so hopefully I can get something early.