Good thread! I knew my youngest was gifted, hard to miss it. I was tested in elementary, think I had around 130FSIQ who knows what test, definitely a group school test, never private. My dh is very gifted, he recalls 160 as his #, again no idea what test..we do know his little brother got that perfect 1600 on the SAT and can play be ear also teaching himself three instruments on his own (piano, string bass and guitar). The history was there so we basically expected it! My oldest has never been very academic, much preferring sports but is an incredibly voracious reader. I figured he might be gifted but could just be very smart, I knew his younger brother was more likely DH. WISC-IVs on my oldest came out at 135, gifted but not crazy gifted. He's a TIPster and had Explore sub scores in DYS range in math and science. My youngest made DYS FSIQ of 143, hit a few ceilings so they probably should have run some extended tests but his portfolio got him in DYS.

So I knew one was gifted and thought maybe on the other...both were higher than I thought.

Shannon L.