It was DD's K teacher who first mentioned it. The more I had read about "gifted vs. bright" I was convinced that she just bright. (I have since learned that "bright" is more of a personality trait that can be found in HG kids as well.)
I had guessed she would come in the 100-120 range. Then the brief test they gave her in K at school had her pegged her around 115, which I was comfortable with. However, DD's teacher insisted that they do the full test, because she intuitively knew that number was too low.....DD's full test score was 30+ points higher than the brief test, with some of the sub tests jaw droppingly higher. Because the school's testing process was so slow, she was 5 when took the brief test in K and almost 7 when she took the full in first grade. Her young age could have been a factor for not performing well on the brief test.

Now that I have been around gifties of many levels I have come to get a feel for it. Something about the way they talk; its as if I can see their wheels turning? I was able to guess my younger DS's score within 5 points although his memory subtest was a shocker.

In anycase good luck with your testing. I hope your DD has fun! My DD didn't like the testing, she likes to know the answer. My DS loved it; he'd much prefer to play games and guess his way through life. LOL

...and try not to stress too much while you are waiting for the results :P