My dd, nearly 3, is obsessed with stones! she has to collect a stone or two from every walk and tells me about its shape and texture. She only picks the interesting ones with unusual shapes, colors or surfaces! I think i need to read up a bit more so i can give her more info!
She also is obsessed with being tall! she doesn't want to be little and in all her pretend games shes the big one or the adult! She can't wait for her birthday to be three so that she can *and she has a list of about 6 things!!* Anyone else experience that?
Things she can't do bother her and she gets really focused on it, eg: she reeeally wants to know how to read "will you show me how to read the words?" is said at least 20 times a day!
Other things are the planets and space, why the moon has a shadow, maps, the weather, time.. Actually time is pretty interesting to her. Everything from the hours of the day to the date, months, she keeps track on our calender and is counting down her birthday! her morning routine over breakfast is to tell me the time and how many days are left! smile