Originally Posted by Mana
I think I am raising a mad scientist. Her greatest passion is astronomy but she is also into electronic circuits, human anatomy, botany, ornithology, and robotics. Have I mentioned that I am not a science person? I'd have done so much better with a child who wanted to learn history, language, literature, and philosophy. At least we both like math.

She continues to love music by Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis, and John Coltrane.

She also loves ballet and practices it all day long. She's still not great at it but not as awful as she was a month ago when she started. wink

Me too. My DS4.5 loves science experiments, particularly ones that involve baking soda and vinegar. I bought a bag of baking soda from BJs because we go through that much. He also just got the snap circuits and is enjoying that.

He enjoys pop music, though, and always latches on to the "bad" stuff. Recently, he's seen the video for Psy's "Gentleman" (which, if you haven't seen it, has him doing all these practical jokes, then has a little dance), so DS is constantly doing things that are a little mean and then does the dance. He hasn't quite figured out the difference between a funny and mean. He also remembers the naughty versions of songs, if he hears them, and gets upset by the censored versions. All this, of course, is better than when he was into "Sexy and I Know It", complete with the stripping. blush