I actually did ask the homeroom teacher a while ago , and she said yes , the kids can bring toys but only for recess and car rider line or bus , esp. car and bus line , that's when the kids have to wait for quite some time .. and it's ok .

So i thought it's okay as long as DS doesn't take it out during class . Oh i totally understand during class you DON'T take any toys out .

I told the principal , the homeroom teacher said he could bring a toy during recess and car rider line . She then called the teacher and the teacher changed her story and said " oh we never allowed any students to bring any sort of toy during recess or car rider line "

My son then said " but you allowed me to bring my spinner that time ... "

Maybe the school's rule was not allowing students to bring any toy during recess and car rider line , but the teacher let the kids .. and now the principal found out , and maybe teacher got in trouble for it too . I don't know .. i am just worrying that she's going to take it out on DS . DS is already in an awful position as he is already .

The asst. principal told me that private behavior chart where it has column for lunch/recess , he needs to earn 4 initials for - using kind words
- following teacher direction with quiet mouth
- complete work in timely manner
- using time and material wisely

the asst. principal said the last 2 during recess and lunch is basically freebies . But guess what ? there are several days that the last 2 didn't get initials . What could possibly happen ? God forbid that he didn't finish his lunch or didn't use his 'materials' wisely during recess and lunch .