metis, looking at the scores you posted, it looks like he took the WPPSI-III. I could be mistaken, but I believe that the WPPSI-III does not have a GAI possibility. The newer version of the WPPSI that just came out (version IV) does have a GAI option and the tests are also somewhat different: a Verbal Comprehension Index (VCI), a Visual Spatial Index (VSI), a Working Memory Index (WMI), a Fluid Reasoning Index (FRI), and a Processing Speed Index (PSI) rather than the Verbal, Performance, and Processing Speed indices that you got with the WPPSI-III. Like the WISC-IV, I believe that the WPPSI-IV drops the WMI and PSI scores in calculating the GAI.

It is certainly possible that your ds is DYS material and his WPPSI scores are nothing to sneeze at, but like others I'd tend to wait for new testing when he is old enough to apply and with (hopefully) just somewhat higher scores so he is over the minimum requirements not just slightly under them.

Is there something specific you'd be hoping to get from DYS at this point?

eta: I do see your note now about advocacy help. Are you having difficulty in getting the school to work with you at the moment? I'd assume that he's a kindergartener with your mention of a grade skip. Perhaps we can help you brainstorm what things might help improve the situation so you can at least go to the school with a specific plan of what you are asking.

Last edited by Cricket2; 03/05/13 02:06 PM.