There are so many things to consider. We just went through a similar process this past year. My DS9 was given the Iq test and then had to take a 2 grade level above test. Then the Iowa acceleration form was used. I had read somewhere that scoring above 50 percentile on a two grade level or above should be a good score on this sort of test. Our son was being looked at for skipping 3rd grade. So at the end of 2nd grade he took the end of the 4th grade Stanford test. The way I looked at it if he scored 50 percentile he would be entering 4th grade at least in the middle of where other end of the year 4th graders were on the test. So likely after taking 4 th grade he would end up well above that. My gut was he would be at least above 85 percentile after he actually was taught 4th grade. Even though he would have skipped 2 nd. Does this make sense?

Are the 2 grade level above scores you posted the percentage (number she got right out of total questions) or were they percentile (where their score was compared to same grade kids nationwide). I ask because it tells you something different and ours were quite different.

Personally, I would not even worry about social studies and science as your child being in k would not have been introduced to these ubjects as much. I think if gifted these would be picked up easily skipping at her age. I would look at reading and math.

Our son scored good candidate on Iowa scale. The principle Said no and we went to superintendent. He skipped this year. Half way through he is doing great. We are very glad we did it at this point. He is very social so we were pretty confident with this part too. He came home from day 1 excited and talking all bout school and his new fiends.

This doesn't mean it s for everyone. There is a lot more I can share if you would like to IM me.

DS9 Gifted / ADHD