Next week is the last week of NFT #2 for DS. He'll then have had 16 sessions with NFT #1; 20 sessions with NFT #2. At some point, we may have to return to NFT #2 for another 20 sessions in the future since we only pay a small co-pay, but nothing definite at this point.

The results - while perhaps not as dramatic as they were or felt with VT - have been impressive. When DS first started NFT, he could barely sit still for a minute or two in NFT #1's office. Today, he can sit still in the same office for 20+ minutes.

Attention span has improved quite dramatically. Meltdowns and blowups have subsided, though unfortunately not completely disappeared to be honest like I would like them to have! Impulsivity has improved. Self-regulation has improved considerably, though I also partially attribute this to the diet and the elimination of certain foods which trigger DS. In DS's case, diet is definitely part of the environment; when we changed the environment, we helped to change DS.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen a whole heap of improvement with sleep and getting DS to sleep or bedwetting - bugbears to me and DH. DS may need more NFT for this to improve, or this may be part of him that's staying with him. Difficult to say. If anything, DS's pg has come out more and he's become more of a voracious reader at night!!! URGH....I want him to go to bed and sleep!

DS started NFT in Aug and we noticed a huge break/tipping point around Thanksgiving. Up until Thanksgiving, we had a lot of oppositional behavior and also resistance to homeschooling. Since then, less of both, thank goodness. We also had a spate of developments around Thanksgiving and since then. It's very possible that NFT played a large role since DS's attention span had improved so much.

Did I mention that PGness has come out more? That's enough for me to be a fan of NFT. It's not a magic cure or pill and it does take some serious effort if you're going to completely switch the diet like we did, but it's hard to say it doesn't work at this point or worth its weight in gold.